Križanke is a theatre in Ljubljana used for summer festivals set up inside the courtyard….
Jože Plečnik, who redesigned the square in 1927, surrounded the square by a row of stone balls and added the greenery in its upper part. On the Levstik Square stands the Church of St. James alongside their monastery, which was also the home of the first Ljubljana School of Higher Education(theology, philosophy and medicine) and the first High School of Music. The high altar in the church was carved in 1732 by F. Robba. The Shrine to the Virgin Mary, which stands in the square, was erected in the 17th century in gratitude for the fact that the Turks had bypassed the country.