A grand building was constructed between 1928 and 1930, it’s characterized by an unusual shape…
It serves as the national opera building of the country. It is located between the Slovenian Parliament building, on one hand, and the National Museum and the National Gallery, on the other hand.
The building was built in between 1890 and 1892 in neo-Renaissance style according to the plans of Czech architects.
Under the plan, they built a large modernist extension to the rear of the opera building and restore its old part. Under him are also built two underground entry-exit atrium and increased orchestral opening and stage. The surface of the building 3500 increased to 10,500 square feet. Inauguration of the renovated building was held on 10 December 2011, with a concert.