St. James’s Parish Church

SentjakobskaCerkev-Ljubljana
The church is located on the Levstik Square. The church was built in the Baroque style between 1613 and 1615 on the site of an older Gothic style church, erected in the early 15th century. On the side of the church there is a column erected in 1682 to commemorate the Habsburg victory against the Ottoman Turks. The high altar in the church was carved in 1732 by F. Robba. The Shrine to the Virgin Mary, which stands in the square, was erected in the 17th century in gratitude for the fact that the Turks had bypassed the country.

  • Categories
    Churches

Related Attractions