The Ljubljana Central Market in the capital of Slovenia was designed by Jože Plečnik in…
Tivoli City Park or simply Tivoli Park is the largest park in Ljubljana. It is located on the northern outskirts of the Center District, stretching to the Šiška District to the north, the Vič District to the south, and the Rožnik District to the west. Several notable buildings and art works stand in the park. The park has numerous walking trails, floral arrangements, fountains and statues.
The park was then in the first, especially in the second half of the 20th century, supplemented with various sports and relaxation facilities nature. So they built a pond, botanical garden, greenhouse, playground, swimming pool Illyria (1929), a sports hall Tivoli (1965), a covered swimming pool with fitness center (1973) . In addition, the park has also tennis, basketball, roller skating and mini golf. Later they added a covered swimming pool with a gym and a bowling alley. In the park there are two important object: Cekin Mansion and Tivoli Castle.
Tivoli Castle is a mansion built in the 17th century. In 1864, the Austrian sculptor Anton Dominik Fernkorn created four cast iron dogs, still on display in Tivoli Park in front of the Tivoli Castle. The Cekin Mansion (Slovene: Cekinov grad) is a mansion on the northern edge of Tivoli Park in Ljubljana. It houses the Museum of Contemporary History of Slovenia.