Trnovo Bridge

trnovski-most-1
A bridge has stood on the site since the late 17th century. The modern bridge was built between 1928 and 1932 by the constructor Matko Curk upon the plans of the architect Jože Plečnik. It is distinguished by its width and the trees that it bears. It is the most prominent object of Plečnik’s renovation of the banks of the Gradaščica. It was designed with respect to the features of the Trnovo Church across the way from it, the Bridge forms an extension to the church square and the pyramids adorning it imitate the shape of the Church’s spires.

  • Categories
    Bridges, Joze Plecnik
  • Google Street Map

Related Attractions